Want to be a key player in a fast-growing startup?
Data Talks is looking to expand its product team with a Lead Software Engineer to contribute to the development and adoption of its leading Sports Customer Data Platform. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will take a crucial role in defining and building the next chapters for the core of our cloud-based, SaaS software in a global team.
👋 In case we haven’t met before, here’s Data Talks in a nutshell
At Data Talks, we talk data. We give every sports organization the possibility to collect, analyze and act on their data – in order to create a unique supporter experience. With our Sports Customer Data Platform (CDP), sports organizations can democratize and unify their data across all departments and create a world-class supporter experience.
- Located in central Stockholm with an international and highly diverse team. We also work closely with our development partners in Portugal and Greece.
- Working with well-known customers including Swedish Golf Federation (Sweden), RC Lens (France), PAOK (Greece), Collingwood (Australia) and more.
- Proud to be the first CDP certified vendor in the Nordics.
- Profitable, fast-growing, and highly focused on creating a compelling and attractive company culture.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you!
Are you our next hire?
As our new Lead Software Engineer, you will be working with Data Talks’ integration teams, a team of approximately 10 people, where you will help define the next steps of our strategy, database and integrations solutions and deliver best-in-class solutions to our wide customer base. You are a natural problem solver with an engineering mindset and the ambition to both deliver reliable and scalable solutions.
- Follow a customer-centric approach during the ideation and construction of solutions.
- Make key contributions in the technical implementation of the platform and oversee cross-team efforts in the back-end, data and infrastructure areas.
- Produce (and collaborate on) system designs, code reviews and other artefacts necessary to promote and implement the tech strategy.
- Work with the technical leads and product managers to create and evolve our product roadmap.
- Apply data engineering practices and standards to develop robust and maintainable solutions with contributions to other parts of the software development as well.
- Lead and nurture the back-end & infrastructure community of practice, facilitate knowledge sharing, contribute to and evangelize (internally) Data Talks’ tech vision and platform health.
- Perform research, experimentation and prototyping required to stay on top of the industry trends and act as a source of expertise in your domain to the rest of the organization.
- Passion for data engineering and software development
- Demonstrated experience delivering back-end and data solutions in a start-up / scale-up SaaS environment
- Interest in and holistic view over all parts of the product, including mainly back-end but also front-end components
- Fluency with the storage, manipulation, and management of relational, non-relational and streaming data technologies
- Aspiring to become a team-lead
- Experience working with an intercultural team, some working remote
- Motivated by a fast-paced, service-oriented environment and interacting with other stakeholders in- and outside of the product team
- Enjoy mentoring and sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues
- Interested in contributing to the sports business sector
- Located in Stockholm, Sweden or willing to relocate
Our tech stack:
- .NET (blazor wasm)
Why join us? 💪
- Opportunity to work at the forefront of MarTech.
- A lot of freedom in how you plan your work to achieve your results, but we also expect you to take on the responsibility that comes with that.
- An agile organization, the team is perfect in size (soon to be 50 people in the organization), and your colleagues are experienced in their respective field.
- Co-workers that have a knowledge-sharing mindset.
- You get to work in our bright and nice office located in central Stockholm.
- The opportunity to influence and make a real impact!
More things you might like about Data Talks:
- At Data Talks, we have short decision-making processes. We have built an agile organization where we move forward fast.
- We encourage constant learning and personal development. It is an important part of our success.
- We work with the latest advanced technologies.
- Hybrid work model
- Flexible working hours.
- You will work with customers who are at the forefront of digital transformation.
- We have customers in the Nordic countries, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
- Our team is our greatest asset. For us, culture is crucial. We want you to love going to work and to thrive here!
Sounds like your kind of a place and challenge? Great! We can’t wait to learn more about you.
Here’s how to apply:
Submit your application including your CV by 31st of January. Please note we might start interviewing already before the application time ends.